The Maxon Surgecrete is a surge hopper designed to reduce haul truck cycle times, ensure quality product to the contractor and maximize delivery system productivity.
The Surgecrete’s oversized hopper accepts a full load of material including concrete, Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC), soil cement, rock, sand or dirt from any haul truck (or directly from a central mix concrete plant), and meters the material to belt conveyors, buckets, or concrete pumps with controlled accuracy. The Maxon Surgecrete, with its double flight screw auger and infinitely variable speed discharge belt, maintains a continuous flow of material to the belt conveyor/bucket/pump, eliminating any down time between a haul truck leaving and the next truck preparing to discharge.
- Large hopper allows transporters to quickly offload, reducing cycle times
- Double flight 36” (915mm) diameter screw auger with two heavy duty planetary drives
- Hydraulic operated gate and 36” (915mm) wide belt conveyor match discharge speed to placing speed of pumps and conveyors
- Handles most concrete mix designs
- Elevated operator station for unobstructed viewing of all concrete placing operations
15 yd3 (12 m3)
12,500 lbs (5670kg) Stationary
14,800 lbs (6713kg) Towable
16,500 lbs (7484kg) Mobile
36” (915mm) X 25’ (7.6m)
330” (8382mm) *
203” (5159mm) *
179” (4546mm) with canopy *
* Note: Towable Surgecrete
- Stationary, Towable or Mobile Units
- Water tank
- Sideboards for increased capacity
- Shell wear liners
The Maxon Surgecrete, available in stationary, towable or mobile versions, is the surge hopper designed to reduce haul truck cycle times, ensure quality product to the contractor, and maximize the delivery system productivity.